Here at NW Women’s Fitness we are here for all your fitness needs. Whether you want to get in shape or stay in shape we have all the necessary tools in order to do so. With spring in the air, what could be a better time to take up running? If you’re a new runner, or even want to brush up on your old running ways, these tips are for you!
1. Avoid striking pavement with your heels
2. Land on your forefoot (rather than your heels) allowing your muscles to catch the weight of your body
3. Do not LEAP forward, instead, stand tall and LEAN forward
4. Take short effective strides
5. Don’t wear shoes that are too comfortable – running shoes are supposed to be supportive!
6. Don’t run as hard as you can – slow down and train your body to learn how to run farther faster
7. Work up to running farther, faster
8. Don’t get stuck on the odometer! Track the amount of time it takes you and monitor your intensity using a heart rate monitor
9. Run for time – try to cover the same distance in less time
10. Don’t give up! Running is not an easy feat, especially for those who are not runners. Train your body and mind and you will be able to run the distance you set your mind to!
Contact us today for any questions or concerns you may have!