Did you make a New Year’s resolution to get fit?
If you’re already struggling to stick to your resolution, try group fitness workouts.
Instructors keep things fun and varied with different routines. They also provide the motivation and inspiration you need to blast through every workout.
Read on to see what’s on offer at NW Women’s Fitness
Group Fitness Workouts to Get You in Shape
No matter what your fitness goals are, there’s a class for you.
Looking to build muscles and improve strength? These are the classes you should be joining.
- Barbell Cardio – Use the barbell to perform basic lifts, combining them with cardio exercises for strength and stamina.
- WOW (Women on Weights) – Learn how to use machines, barbells and free weights so that you can walk into the weight room with confidence.
Burn calories and lose fat in these high-energy cardio workouts.
- Indoor Cycling – Burn 450 calories in just 30 minutes. Bike n’ Buff and Bike n’ Butts classes add strength work to target your glutes.
- Cardio & Strength Circuit – Use weights, steps, resistance bands, kettlebells and other equipment to give you a high-intensity workout. These are ideal fitness classes for beginners.
- Cardio Party – An interval class using 20-60-second bursts of exercise for a full-body workout.
- HIIT, HIIT Circuit, HIIT & Core – HIIT workouts are some of the most fun and effective ways to train, using high-intensity workouts with short rests.
- Pure Energy Step -Challenge your coordination while burning calories in an intense aerobic workout.
- Step n’ Strength – Use the step to do intervals of cardio and bodyweight exercises.
- Metabolic Resistance Training – A circuit training class for intermediate and advanced gym members.
Whether you want to learn some self-defense, reduce stress or just have a fun workout, these martial arts classes will do the trick.
- Nia – A mixture of martial arts and dance moves to develop strength and improve cardio.
- Qi Gong – An ancient Chinese art that allows you to focus on your breathing while performing slow, controlled movements.
- Turbo Kickboxing – Learn how to punch and kick with shadowboxing and pad work.
- Moving to Heal – A combination of yoga and Tai Chi set to relaxing, rhythmic music.
These classes will help you to prevent injury by balancing, stretching and rehabilitating your muscles.
- Yoga – Poses and routines to challenge all fitness levels. Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Kripalu and Yin yoga are available.
- Pilates– Sculpt your core while improving flexibility and balance.
- willPower&grace – A barefoot workout that focuses on functional movements, building muscle strength and flexibility.
- Essentrics -Dynamic stretching exercises to help you to increase your range of motion.
- MELT – Learn how to use foam rollers to stretch and balance the body, helping your muscles to recover.
With these classes, you’ll have so much fun that you’ll forget you’re working out!
- Zumba – Zumba has taken the fitness world by storm, using moves from various types of dance to get you sweating. There’s also Zumba Gold for older adults.
- Barre – Use the ballet barre to stretch and strengthen your muscles, with a combination of yoga, Pilates and ballet dance moves.
- Boomers Cardio & Strength – Fun choreography gets you moving along with the music with strength-building bodyweight exercises.
Fuel Your Body
With a whole range of group fitness workouts at your fingertips, you can whip your body into shape in no time.
However, that’s only if you make sure you’re eating right, too. After all, abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
If you need some extra guidance, we’re here to help. See what our nutrition counseling can do for you.