NW Women’s Fitness has contributed to the Club Business International journal. Find the journal here and read about us on pages 42-46 in the “Managing the Hybrid Experience” section.
NW Women’s Fitness Receives the 2021 Annual MXM Award
Northwest Women’s Fitness Receives the 2021 Annual MXM Locations of Excellence Award. Read the full story here.
7 Healthy Habits to Stick in 2021 (Balanced Habits Programs, Tips, & More!)
As the new year begins, many seek to begin the year with healthy habits. Whether you are planning to eat healthier, get more rest, begin a new workout, or enhance your existing workout routine, the first step is planning, followed by getting started.
When you make the best choice for you, motivation and energy come more easily. At NW Women’s Fitness, our personal trainers and food coaches are here to guide you through an effective plan that will work for you!
Let’s explore all the tips to help you begin the new year with fresh, healthy habits.
1. Jumpstart Your Health with NWWF Balance Habits KickStart Program
This year you can jumpstart your health with NW Women’s Fitness Balanced Habits KickStart program or add accountability with our Balance Habits Life program. Each of the exclusive programs are designed to meet your needs with short and long term options. Offering guidance, nutrition, and knowledge, the NWWF Balanced Habits programs can help you lose weight and get healthy in a smart way that is sustainable for life.
Balanced Habits pairs you with a BH Certified Food Coach who then works with you to create a personalized eating plan to achieve your goals while keeping your lifestyle, limitations, and preferences in mind. The program is based on the philosophy “there are no bad foods, just bad portion sizes” and is focused on balanced, practical eating. Without food eliminations or restrictions, you have the freedom to enjoy the foods you love, supported by your Coach who helps you develop the strategies which work uniquely for you.
Pre-register today to start seeing better results in 2021!
Due to the added challenges 2020 brought to many of our health and fitness goals…
We have lowered the price from $239 for members and $259 for non members to
Only $99 for this January 15th 2021 KickStart!
- Member Price Only $99 until January 13th, 2021
- Non-Member Price Only $99 until January 13th, 2021 (non-member includes 28 day virtual membership during KickStart)
To pre-register, please visit https://www.nwwomensfitness.com/nutrition/
2. Start with Small, Achievable Goals for the New Year
Many people begin the journey to new healthy habits with lofty goals that are hard to maintain over the long term. Instead, why not start with small, achievable goals, like working out one more day per week than you have in the past or cutting out an hour of binge watching television each week.
As you succeed with these smaller goals you will be encouraged to keep moving forward accomplishing bigger goals and better habits throughout the remainder of the year. Take each new habit a step further, and soon you will see healthy habits form to last a lifetime.
3. Keep Your Goals Specific
Do not make vague goals for new healthy habits, rather choose specific and concrete goals which can be measured and have a timeline. Setting a vague goal for improving your health over the coming year will not get you as far as a well-thought out plan that includes a strategic meal plan (see NWWF Balance Habits above) and do-able workout sessions with one of our experienced personal trainers. Always choose a specific goal which you can realistically manage in the coming days and soon you will be well on your way to accomplishing healthy habits and goals in the new year.
4. Add Accountability to Keep You On Track
Finding a friend or a like-minded community can help you stick to your goal of creating healthy habits in the coming year. Ask a friend, who is also committed to new healthier habits, to commit to being your new gym partner or seek out a NWWF personal trainer to set weekly appointments to reach your unique goals. Another great option is joining a group fitness class, where workouts are fun and effective, and you can meet new friends who have like-minded goals.
Learn more about our virtual club memberships today!
5. Start Your Mornings Right
How you start your morning can have a profound and positive effect on your day. Get your productive day by making your bed and then preparing a healthy breakfast. A good breakfast is known to boost your metabolism, helping you better burn calories during the day. On top of that, a healthy breakfast helps replenish your brain and your muscles to get your body’s rhythm off to the right start.
6. Exercise Smart
Exercise offers long-term and short-term benefits. In fact, the benefits of exercise include lower levels of stress, better moods, and an enhanced ability to focus. Exercise can help you get your body fit as you lose unwanted weight, and for the long term, exercise can help prevent health problems, including heart disease and diabetes.
7. Sleep Well
Restful sleep is the key to good health, allowing your body to rest and recover. Quality sleep helps improve cognitive performance and decreases the risk of anxiety and depression. Lack of sleep can also lead to weight gain over time.
Getting the proper rest starts with developing a healthy sleep ritual. A sleep routine allows your body to become accustomed to sleeping during specific hours. Consider using an app which plays ambient sounds or reading a bit before bed to help you fall asleep easily. Once you discover your unique circadian rhythm, you will easily find a healthy sleep pattern.
Count on the Team at NW Women’s Fitness Club to Help
NW Women’s Fitness Club, located in Portland Oregon, can help you get a jump start on a new year filled with healthy habits. From the NWWF Balance Habits programs to professional trainers to virtual group fitness classes, as well as massage and esthetic services, NW Women’s Fitness Club can provide the guidance you need to achieve your goals and create a healthier you.
To learn more about developing healthy habits, please call us today at 503-287-0655 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips To Stay Healthy During This Holiday Season
With the COVID-19 pandemic and flu season approaching, it is important for everyone to take precautions and follow all guidelines established by state and local authorities. In compliance with Governor Brown’s most recent pause order, the gym will be temporarily closed until December 16th. We will still be offering Virtual Classes, Virtual Personal Training, Outdoor Personal Training, Massage and Esthetician Services… all by appointment only. At NW Women’s Fitness, your health is our highest priority.
For more information about the temporarily close, please visit our website.
For many people, the holidays represent a time of year when they can relax and let themselves go a bit. However, with some minor adjustments in your habits, you can remain healthy while at the same time enjoy a few of your favorite indulgences. You do not want to experience a decrease in overall health that can extend beyond the holiday season.
Here are some great ways you can stay healthy during the upcoming holiday season:
- Exercise is Essential: Staying in shape is another option to staying healthy this winter season. Keeping your body in tip-top shape is the best way to ensure that you are always at your best. For a strong immune system, try a balanced program with cardio vascular exercise combined with appropriate strength training.
- Eat Healthy Foods: Practice the 80% rule — 80% of your diet should be based on balanced nutrition, with no more than 20% giving in to unhealthy holiday foods and drinks. We know it can be hard to eat healthy when you attend different holiday parties and dinners, but there are always options to limit yourself. With many delicious pumpkin spice and peppermint sweets at the table, it is important you limit your sugar intake. For example, you can opt for a piece of fruit instead of a second piece of pie.
- Drink Plenty of Water: It is recommended that you drink half your body weight (pounds to ounces of water). Being sufficiently hydrated is crucial to staying healthy and maintaining the function of every system in your body, including your heart, brain, and muscles. Fluids carry nutrients to your cells, help to control blood pressure, and can even improve the appearance of your skin.
- Practice Social Distancing: Staying at least 6 feet from other people in public will help stop the spread of COVID-19. To help limit numbers in the gym, we have been offering virtual group fitness classes and on-demand videos since March. We will continue to add content to these offerings throughout the season so you can stay healthy!
- Wear a Mask: Your mask should cover your nose and mouth to prevent the virus and flu from spreading. When you sneeze and cough, covering your nose and mouth is essential so that germs are not passed on to those around you. At NW Women’s Fitness, we are committed to the safety of our members and staff. During the temporary pause, we will continue to ensure all employees and members wear face masks when entering the club for their massage and esthetician appointments.
- Clean Surfaces: Bacteria can fester on a surface for days. Ensuring you clean all surfaces that are regularly touched is important. We continue to deeply sanitize and clean the club every evening and mid-day for safety. Frequent hand washing is also recommended.
Looking to stay fit, healthy and at your best this holiday season? Learn more about our Virtual Only Membership, Massage and Personal Training Sale and our Sunday Spa Day special and NEW Esthetic (Facial & Waxing) Services.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us. The gym, of course, will be closed and therefore not answering our phones. You can reach us via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give the Gift of Health and Fitness
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for early Black Friday and Holiday specials, and you’ll find no better value for quality fitness this season than at NW Women’s Fitness!
Why put off feeling relaxed and rejuvenated as the year comes to a close when you can schedule a therapeutic session for you or your loved one? Get a comprehensive spa treatment, an invigorating massage, or a motivating personal training session all at a discount this holiday season!
Sunday Spa Day Special
Space is limited – Reserve now for Sunday, November 15th & Sunday, December 13th, 2020
What could be more luxurious, relaxing, and replenishing than a one-hour massage tailored to your body’s needs? How about if it followed with a classic European facial designed specifically for your skin type?
Our experienced Licensed Massage Therapist will work with you to melt away tension, relieve muscle stiffness and boost metabolism providing a healing and therapeutic experience!
Your spa experience will continue with our Professional Licensed Esthetician in a luxurious facial that deeply cleanses the pores through rapid exfoliation, extractions, and personalized masques.
A high frequency treatment will promote collagen and elastin production, improving tone, texture, and adding oxygen to the skin. A thorough facial massage and intense hydrating treatment complete this absolute body and skin recovery!
The Sunday Spa Day Special includes:
- Full Body Massage – 60 minutes
- Classic European Facial
- Facial Massage and Skin Hydration Treatment
- All for only $129! (reg. $157)
Whether you want to gift yourself or a loved one a massage for fun or to relieve stress and tension, we have you covered with the best prices!
The year is wrapping up, and along with that comes stress from final exams, holiday shopping, end-of-the-year workloads, and much more. You’ve earned some R&R, so book a massage with us!
Need to be ready for all the pressure of the holiday season? The Ultimate Massage includes an extended session that will allow your therapist to work on your specific needs!
Looking for a natural way to relieve pain and stress? The Indulgence massage is a full body massage tailored to your needs and is perfect for after any fitness program.
The Massage Sale includes:
- Ultimate – 90 minutes for $85 (reg. $97)
- Indulgence – 60 minutes for $65 (reg. $77)
- Hot Stone:
- 90 minutes for $100 (reg. $110)
- 60 minutes for $80 (reg. $90)
Personal Training Sale – In Club or Virtually
NW Women’s Fitness offers many different styles of personal training sessions for various comfort levels and maximum performance. Whether you want to bring a friend or train privately one-on-one, NW Women’s Fitness offers both at a special price this season!
Private personal training is the best option for those who want to work directly with a trainer. Your trainer will tailor a program around your personal goals to achieve whatever results you are seeking. After, you will have the opportunity to ask your personal trainer any questions and receive tips for healthy habits while discussing your history, interests, and lifestyle.
Want to bring a friend to achieve health and fitness goals together? The partner training session gives the same benefits of private personal training, except you will share your experience with your plus one!
The Personal Training Sale includes:
- Private – $67 for 55 minutes (reg. $79)
- Partner – $42 per person for 55 minutes (reg. $48)
NW Women’s Fitness Holiday Sale
Spend the holiday season taking care of your health and fitness with your favorite women’s fitness club in Portland! At Northwest Women’s Fitness, you will enjoy a friendly, non-intimidating, supportive environment where we focus on ensuring you achieve incredible results!
Stop by NW Women’s Fitness, give us a call 503-287-0655, or visit our website for more information on our holiday sale. All offers expire December 31st, 2020.
- Next Page »