You might have started off the year full of new energy with a list of resolutions that you were determined to stick with for the entire year. However, as the months blew by you found out that sticking to those resolutions is not going to be as easy as you might have anticipated. Fortunately, there are a few things that you can do to increase your chances of sticking to those resolutions.
- It doesn’t have to be boring: if you’re going to stick to a diet then make sure to mix things up. By coming up with a bunch of tasty meals/snacks you can eat something different every day of the week.
- Get friends involved: it can be boring exercising on your own. Listening to music can become repetitive at times. It helps to get your friends involved during exercise sessions. You can help each other meet goals by ensuing the work is put in right until the end of the session.
- Fitness tracker: tracking your progress allows you to figure out how much work you actually did per session. This gives you something to aim for and you might find yourself pushing harder to get a little bit more work out of the session.
- Plan ahead of time: if you get home at the end of the day to find only junk food in the fridge, then that’s what you are likely to eat. So make sure to stock up on healthy low-calorie snacks and meals to last you the week.
- Change things up: no matter how great your exercise plan is, or how comprehensive your meal list is, you’ll get bored of it eventually. Therefore, once in a while don’t be afraid to completely change your approach to avoid hitting a plateau.
Read more tips here.